Friday, October 10, 2014

What they need is a monster......



Now when it comes to movies that are still in the theater I try to reserve myself from spilling anything good. However, when it comes to Dracula Untold......that isn't possible. The whole movie is GOOD! I apologize in advanced people but I am not going to hold anything back. Granted, I have been waiting to see this movie for months and couldn't wait for it to come out. I was a little apprehensive that I would be let down since my expectations were so high, but the results were quit the opposite. From the very beginning monologue to the ending scene I was captivated. The imagery was spot on, the costume design was brilliant, and the most important, the story line was made sense and flowed well.



The story jumps right in the warrior past of Vlad from Transylvania and how he became a soldier whose reputation proceeds him. He comes across an ancient beast by accident one day and learns of his strength and power. After having his family and his kingdom threatened he decides to take matters in to his own hands and ask this beast for help. Now I was like a little giddy child when the Master Vampire came on to the screen. He was exactly what I imagine a true vampire to be. The way he moved, the way he looked, even the sound that came out of him when he was angry and on the hunt. The sound of a beast. His lips were stained red from all the years he has been feasting on the blood of humans attempting to quench his insatiable thirst. His collection of human skulls lined the walls and broken skeletons cracked under their feet. When the Master Vampire confronts Vlad as to why he has come to seek him out, Vlad simply states "sometimes people don't need another hero, what they need is a monster". I couldn't have said it better myself. 


Once Vlad has turned and he is discovering his new powers, my face lit up. His hyper sensitive hearing, his ability to see the blood flow through the body of another......and the bats. I mean come on. That is one of the coolest freaking powers if you ask me. I won't spoil everything, so I will skip over some of the story and go straight to the end. Holy cow......the end. Or should I say, the beginning. My mind is still spinning from this movie. Dracula Untold will be a classic in my book from here on out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment