Thursday, January 14, 2016

Severus Snape will always be the head of Slytherin

I was pretty devastated today to hear of Alan Rickman's passing. Of course I am saddened when I hear about celebrities passing, being that I feel for their friends and family. But since I never truly knew them, the feeling passes quickly. That does not seem the be the situation with Alan Rickman however. He was such a huge part of my life since 2001 when Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone came out! I read all of the books, plus I own all of the movies. At least once every 6 months I pull a Harry Potter marathon for an entire weekend and watch all of them back to back. I was that crazy fan who would wait all day at the movie theater to see the latest movie. Alan Rickman played many other characters over his long span of a career, including theater which I don't know how many people realize. But his portrayal of Severus Snape was brilliant. I truly hated that man (Severus Snape I mean). Alan was also supposed to reprise his role as the voice of the Caterpillar in the upcoming sequel to Alice in Wonderland. His voice was pretty perfect for that part if you ask me.

You will be missed Alan Rickman. I hope you went peacefully. Cancer sucks.





No comments:

Post a Comment