Monday, September 29, 2014

A Walk Among the Tombstones..sure, ok.


Now I am going to admit right up front that I am not a huge Liam Neeson thriller movie fan. I feel like he plays too many of the same roles in movies. But he does have his moments. For instance, do many people know that Liam Neeson was the voice of the raccoon in The Nut Job. So cute! I also was pretty impressed with him as Zeus in the Wrath of the Titans (very believable). However, when it comes to his thriller, edge of your seat movies, I can get kind of bored. Now when I saw the trailer for his latest film "A Walk Among the Tombstones", I was pretty apprehensive. I was asked by a friend to go see it and  I figured, why not! 


Other than the fact that the movie was not at all like what the trailer portrayed.....it wasn't bad. Now, I am not telling everyone to go out and see it but if you happen to find yourself sitting in a theater waiting for it to start, you will be entertained. There is a back story as to why Matt Scudder (Liam Neeson) is the way he is. Which isn't revealed until much later in the movie, but does help explain a few things regarding his actions. They also show a little bit of Scudder's soft side by having him befriend a homeless boy, who sort of becomes his apprentice private detective and helps with all the techy stuff. And this apprentice offers pretty much the only comic relief in the whole movie. Funny kid, he should have had a bigger part. So all the crazy stuff happens, people get abducted, killed and Scudder finds them. Then comes the phone call. Why does everyone want to hear Liam Neeson threaten someone over the PHONE?! He is good at it, let's admit....but it could have gone without.  


Now even though this was not my favorite Liam Neeson movie, that doesn't mean I have lost my love for him. He is a phenomenal actor and makes great movies. I mean, even Key and Peele can't hide their love for Liam Neeson. He is a legend in the acting community and his movies will be watched long beyond his years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment